Please request Shipping Quote for this item
160+ pages of educator-designed challenges, plus all the maker tools
Start making right out of the box with this curated collection of maker tools and supplies — complete with more than 20 hands-on, leveled challenges.
Originally developed for New York City school libraries by a team of practicing maker educators led by Stanford FabLearn Fellow Mark Schreiber, the Challenge Guide is organized into three sections: Low-Tech Making, Robotics, and Energy & Power. Each lesson includes detailed teacher and student guides that follow the Demco Maker Framework. As students work through three increasingly challenging levels, they progress from instructor-led exploration to inventing their own solutions, reflecting on what they’ve learned and building valuable 21st century skills along the way.
Designed to encourage student-driven learning as stations in the classroom or library, activities support up to 30 makers working in groups of 3–5. Add in a few consumables and commonplace items like cardboard and scissors, and students will have everything they need right at their fingertips. Items can be stored neatly in their original packaging or the included storage boxes.
- What’s in the guide?
• 23 leveled maker challenges with extension suggestions, adaptable for age and skill level
• Challenges are grouped into three sections: Low-Tech Making, Robotics, and Energy & Power
• Each challenge includes teacher and student guides and requires 30–120 minutes
• 160+ pages
• For grades 3–7
• Guide also sold separately
- What’s in the collection?
• 2 Ozobot® Evo Educator Entry Kits
• 2 Dash Robots
• 4 meeperBOTs V2.0 with Blue Wheels
• 2 Electronics Snap Circuits Project Kits
• 2 littleBits™ STEAM Student Sets
• K’NEX Building Sets
• 2 Strawbees® School Kits with one 15 qt. ClearView™ Storage Box
• 2 Makedo™ Tool Sets
• 4 Strictly Briks® 1,008-Piece Sets with four 6 qt. ClearView™ Storage Boxes
• 1 StickTogether™ Hot Air Balloon Mosaic Sticker Poster
• 5 Packs Color Craze STEM/STEAM Bookmarks (200/pkg.)
• 5 Packs Origami Activity Bookmarks (48/pkg.)
• 200 Crayola® Thin-Line Markers (20 each of 10 colors)